I have two sources; one a casual acquaintance and one a relative, who, for whatever reason have me on their list to receive some of the viral political and social messages that are popular among folks of their conservative persuasion. Some are fairly innocuous, and we see their sort every day on the news; others are just a bit beyond the bounds of propriety and offer a window into the degree of mean-spiritedness that is out there in greater numbers than we might realize. Most of these have been forwarded several times and have enormous address banners with dozens of e-mail addresses in them. Apparently, these folks are so comfortable in their vituperation that they don't think to delete the contact info that some of their addressees might not be happy to know are being exposed to a very wide public. I think of them as RWNJ chain letters.
From: Michael Bernard
Date: 9/15/2010 11:26:43 AM
To: Terry Travers
Subject: You Might Be A Muslim If..."
"YOU MIGHT BE A MUSLIM IF..."
1. You refine heroin for a living, but you have a moral
objection to liquor.
2. You own a $3,000 machine gun and $5,000 rocket launcher,
but you can't afford shoes.
3. You have more wives than teeth.
4. You wipe your butt with your bare hand, but consider bacon unclean."
5. You think vests come in two styles: bullet-proof and suicide.
6. You can't think of anyone you haven't declared Jihad against.
7. You consider television dangerous, but routinely carry explosives
in your clothing.
8. You were amazed to discover that cell phones have uses other
than setting off roadside bombs.
9. You have nothing against women and think every man should own
at least four.
10. Your cousin is president of the United States
Apr 4, 2017
Fw: You Might Be A Muslim If...[GAS FROM THE PAST]
Posted by Unknown at 11:29 AM