Search This Blog

Follow by Email

Google+ Followers

Jan 14, 2014

Fwd: The Massachusetts Observer




The Massachusetts Observer


Hiatus

Posted: 13 Jan 2014 04:08 AM PST


I like that word "hiatus" because it denotes a break or stopping something for a while just short of finality. That's the word I'm using to describe The Massachusetts Observer blog. It's "on hiatus."

I have certainly written a great deal in the past about the goings-on in Southbridge, and some have agreed with my views. Others have opposed them vigorously and unambiguously. That goes with the territory.

Currently, though, I have to admit an attitude of disinterest in local politics and the state of things in Southbridge. Maybe it's because I'm getting older; maybe it's because the more things change the more they stay the same. I really can't say for certain.

Locally, the opportunity to speak out about Southbridge has gone through many changes and cycles. Some who previously voiced opinions have left the stage. Some leave the stage, for a while, and return. All that is well and good for them.

We must each of us assess from time to time. All decisions are not altruistic. Sometimes they simply come down to how one wants to spend time.

At this time, Southbridge politics is low on my priority list.

Of course, I will continue with my Southbridge Old Time Radio blog, and I hope you'll check it out.

I offer nothing but respect to others who make their own self-reflected choices.

Until next time...
You are subscribed to email updates from Massachusetts Observer
To stop receiving these emails, you may unsubscribe now.
Email delivery powered by Google
Google Inc., 20 West Kinzie, Chicago IL USA 60610