Oct 6, 2013

SQ ON THE ROCKS: ART PROGRESSION


>


In 95 I painted this. When I was a kid and the siblings got to be too much in the summer time I would go to these rocks just off Phillips Avenue, in Pigeon Cove, MA. The storm of 77 rearranged these rocks and I wanted to hold the memory of my youth. I would sit back facing the ocean not knowing when the ice cold wave would come and get me.
  I called an artist friend and asked how to paint water. he said get a book, that's what he had to do.
I wanted to paint right then, so with no book, no Internet, no art lessons, I begin to paint. I was teaching myself dry brush. I had a blast painting waves but botched the splashing wave on left. I also didn't know you where suppose to use the white of the paper.
  Everything is a learning process. With all the mistakes in this painting, I have it framed. I know where my watercolors are just not the brushes. Perhaps in the cosmic sense that's good because it's time to learn acrylic on canvas.
  Progress is always good.
Sue





Sent from Sue Edling