Sep 27, 2013

CAN YOU "BEAT" THIS? SQ MEETS FERLINGHETTI


REMEMBERING MY FRIEND 
CAROLYN CASSADY, LATE QUEEN OF THE BEAT POETS

  This is an amazing tribute to not only Carolyn but her husband Neil Cassady and her lover Jack Kerouak. A history lesson of sorts, By
Phil Hebblethwaite.

http://www.vice.com/read/carolyn-cassady-on-the-road

 Unrelated but slightly related only in reference to North Light Bookstore. I heard that Ginsberg was in the bookstore and so I decided to go in but was told by the man I was holding the door open for, that the store would be closed for awhile. As I walked down the street a man said, " You know Lawrence Ferlinghetti ! ? " I had no clue. I carried his books of poetry with me through my hippy years, there I was inches from him, holding the door to his bookstore, open for him. I think it was 1976.
Sue


Sent from Susan J. Edling