Nov 26, 2012

FACING FACTS with @RCdeWinter



 8:35 AM  -  Public
Facing Facts

Would I could walk that wild wood with you!
Alas, you will not sip this cup I bear.
To walk this wood alone I must construe.

You keep your heart locked in a shroud of rue,
Apart from that which fosters daily care.
Would I could walk that wild wood with you.

Had I the charm of making I would do,
But no such gift of witchcraft do I share.
To walk this wood alone I must construe.

Your shadow taunts round every sacred yew,
And will not pause, but vanishes, midair.
Would I could walk that wild wood with you.

You offer me no lantern shining through
This tangle leading on I know not where.
To walk this wood alone I must construe.

Resigned though I be to this adieu,
I weep for loving lost to laissez-faire.
Would I could walk that wild wood with you.
To walk this wood alone I must construe.
~ copyright 2011 RC deWinter