Search This Blog

Follow by Email

Google+ Followers

Apr 24, 2012

100 Photography Tips For Seriously Better Pictures [Infographic]



Bit Rebels


100 Photography Tips For Seriously Better Pictures [Infographic]

Posted: 23 Apr 2012 12:00 PM PDT

Advertise here with BSA


When it comes to photography, I must say that I am still in my infancy. I'm not so much talking about the technical part, but rather finding the time to get around to it. I see all these amazing people snap away with their cameras and their smartphones, and they pretty much plaster their social networking profiles with their creativity. I love it! I always wish I had a little bit more time to actually get around to doing that myself. The shots that some people are able to get using just their iPhone are out of this world, and they surely must take some skills. I could probably mention a ton of people here, but with a fair chance of forgetting someone, I would rather say that you all know who you are.

For someone that has little to no experience with photography overall, it can be a daunting task to get into it, especially when it comes to low light photography and everything that comes with that. Any good photographer knows that low light photography is probably the hardest endeavor to undertake and requires both skill and knowledge to pull off a great photograph. The photos always tend to get fuzzy and have a lot of noise in them.

There are of course a lot of other areas where a little bit of backpack knowledge would come in handy, and that is exactly why I am writing this post. I recently found a splendid infographic, called 100 Photography Tips!, that shares 100 tips on how to increase the quality of your photographs and techniques. It's once again one of those mammoth infographics that will take you from a noob to a pro in a matter of 100 sentences.

It only touches each area on the surface, but it should still make for an awesome way to further enlighten you about what and where you should start looking for information if you want to deepen your knowledge in a particular area. Photography has everything to do with light and how it's taken up by the camera, and even though you use an iPhone camera, you can take amazing photographs. Have you ever noticed that every photograph that Apple shows in their keynotes are of a beach on a sunny day? Well, it's because that's the best way to get the very best quality out of their camera. There is so much light and illumination light on the beach that every detail gets picked up by the camera and makes the photographs look stunning. Pay attention to it next time you see a demo of the iPhone camera, or any other smartphone camera out there as a matter of fact. (Infographic created by Expert Photography)

Click Infographic To Enlarge

100-photography-tips-infographic

Via: [Visual.ly]


12 Brilliant Business Card Ideas You'll Definitely Remember

Posted: 23 Apr 2012 11:00 AM PDT

Advertise here with BSA


Ever since social media has became a part of our daily lives, more and more companies are doing business with their online contacts instead of just people they come into contact with face-to-face. It's the way things have been headed for quite a while, and even though the personal connection of an in-person meeting is important, as technology continues to develop the online connection between two people is becoming more and more powerful in itself. Although I don't think doing business online will ever completely replace traditional sales, it sure is moving quickly into the forefront of many marketing initiatives.

One thing that is falling to wayside a little during this transition is the art of creating a unique business card. Since business cards are typically only given out during a face-to-face meeting, there are many online retailers who don't even have business cards. There are even business cards that some people have which allow the receiver to just scan it with their iPhone, and they will automatically follow all the other person's social media accounts, which again, illustrates a shift in business cards going the way of technology also.

Today I thought it would be fun to reminisce a little and go back to the days when having a business card was the standard. I wanted to share with you some unique and creative business card designs that will make you smile. These are all so much fun! If you'd like to get some cards like this for yourself, I'm sure you can just contact a reputable place that does online business card printing and talk to them about the options, or you can contact one of the many great designers in social media. There are a lot of them, and they all create great stuff! Since some of these aren't even made from paper, they are even more interesting. Looking at these makes me want to order some, but since 100% of our business here at Bit Rebels is done online, I don't know who I would give one to. I'm sure I could find some people though!

Business-Cards-You'll-Remember

Business-Cards-You'll-Remember

Business-Cards-You'll-Remember

Business-Cards-You'll-Remember

Business-Cards-You'll-Remember

Business-Cards-You'll-Remember

Business-Cards-You'll-Remember

Business-Cards-You'll-Remember

Business-Cards-You'll-Remember

Business-Cards-You'll-Remember

Business-Cards-You'll-Remember

Business-Cards-You'll-Remember

Business-Cards-You'll-Remember

Business-Cards-You'll-Remember

Business-Cards-You'll-Remember

Business-Cards-You'll-Remember

Business-Card-You'll-Remember

Via: [noupe] [tutor art] [2 experts design]


View Your Twitter & Facebook Feed As A Star Wars Intro Scroll

Posted: 23 Apr 2012 10:00 AM PDT

Advertise here with BSA


For a while, I was using TweetDeck as my main client for tweeting and retweeting. However, it suddenly started to crack down on me when I seemingly reached too many followers. Then I switched to Seesmic which I was once again able to use. But, as soon as I settled into it, tweets started to disappear and private messages didn't get delivered either in or out. So, I had to switch once again. I don't know if it's the software or the load of followings/followers that is to blame here, but I retreated back to the Twitter online client. That seemed to be able to do some of the things I wanted to do. However, as with everything online, it's quite limited to what you can actually do with it, but I am good for now while I look for something else to use.

These Twitter client giants aren't the only ones on the market. So, I set out to see if I could find something a little bit more creative, and boy did I find something. I actually found a way to view my Facebook and Twitter feeds in the style of the Star Wars intro! Yup, that is right, and it's called Kinect Star Wars. It's an app available to all major smartphone users. The Android and iPhone version were released on the 19th, so just head over to the app store and grab it. It's actually Star Wars with an accompanying Facebook or Twitter feed reader.

How cool is it to see those tweets fly by like a boss while you are twittering away your most personal information? It's definitely the cool of the day, and I am sure we'll see a lot more of these apps if this one become the success it's destined to be. It's exactly what I have been waiting for, a more creative way to use my Twitter or Facebook instead of being locked down to the usual and sometimes massively boring user interfaces that don't really do anything to sprinkle that visual sense we most likely are dying to fuel. It's been way too long, and it's about time someone started to do something more creative with these social networking giants.

kinect-star-wars-twitter

kinect-star-wars-twitter

kinect-star-wars-twitter

Via: [Google Play] Top Image: [Pocket Lint]


You are subscribed to email updates from Bit Rebels
To stop receiving these emails, you may unsubscribe now.
Email delivery powered by Google
Google Inc., 20 West Kinzie, Chicago IL USA 60610